| || |
| Home : Physical Fitness |
| LINKS: |
- BMI - Body Mass Index - Calculator
The National Heart, Lung & Blood Institute's obesity guidelines propose that doctors use body mass index (BMI) to assess patients because the index is simple, correlates to fatness, and applies to both men and women. To determine BMI, weight in kilograms is divided by height in meters squared. To calculate your body mass index at this site, insert your weight in pounds and select your height. Click on the Compute button to see your body mass index. A BMI of 25 to 29.9 is considered overweight and one 30 or above is considered obese.
(Added: Thu Apr 04 2002 Hits: 93 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1)
- Breast Cancer Education Network
An excellent resource from Health Talk Interactive featuring:
Genetics, Risk Factors, and Prevention
Detecting Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Types
Treatments and Side Effect Management
Clinical Trials and Research
(Added: Tue Sep 17 2002 Hits: 5 Rating: 0.00 Votes: 0)
- Fitness Center from the American Heart Association
From the American Heart Association
- Keep track of your progress on-line and sign up for your very own Virtual Personal Trainer.
- Receive the latest health, heart and fitness information as well as FAQ's and health facts.
- Information on Your Fitness. What fitness category do you fall into? Find out here and receive personal information.
(Added: Thu Dec 28 2000 Hits: 116 Rating: 2.00 Votes: 1)
- Online Fitness & Calorie Calculators
This list of sports calculators let you calculate your target heartrate, determine your nutritional needs and do lots of other cool things with a few clicks of your mouse.
(Added: Tue Sep 26 2000 Hits: 198 Rating: 8.00 Votes: 1)
Directory Powered By: Links SQL